cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to the resource timed out

Sai_SrinivasGS
Level 3
Hello Team,
At IC we can see resource as connected in control room but whereas in APP server the same resoucre is showing not connected with message "Connection to the resource timed out",Please let us know the configuration we need to do.Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Sai Srinivas GS
6 REPLIES 6

gmarquez
Level 6
Hi Sai,

Usually, when we see this error, this means that there is something blocking traffic between the app server and the resource.  This can be from a firewall not allowing the app server to talk to the resources. I would check the firewall installed on the resource and app server to see if it is blocking traffic.  

The reason your IC can see the resource because network teams usually separate the networks between clients and app servers to only allow certain ports of traffic in between the two.  I would also check with your networking team to see if there is some blockage happening if you do not find firewalls installed on the resource or app server.

I hope that helps.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

Thanks Gabe.. In addition to that I am facing issue with another configuration
 I used SQL Server Management Studio to connect the database and it works. If I try to run BPServer.exe it works But when I try to run the Blue Prism Server from Services.msc it doesn't work and giving error "The server services started and stopped" when checked in event viewer log I am seeing error "Service cannot be started. BluePrism.BPCoreLib.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Database version could not be determined". 
I used SQL server windows authentication as connection type,Please suggest me on the possible ways to solve the problem

Sai Srinivas GS

Hi Sai,

You're welcome.  For the SQL issue, you will need to make sure that you are starting your Blue Prism Server service with an account other than the Local System Account.  If you are using SSO, you will need to use an Active Directory account and make sure this account has rights to your database.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

I am not using SSO ,While configuring LocalBP database I used " Blueprism Native Authentication" . I tried logon with my windows credentials but they are not working hence I tried using localsystem. Is there anyways that I can check which username I should be using to start BPserver. Thanks in advance

Sai Srinivas GS

Hi Gabe Marquez,
I'm facing same issue. Can you please suggest the steps?

Chaithra Patil C N

Hello Chaithra,

Check this article: https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/view-question?ContributedContentKey=ca4ed345-1140-4ba1-9855-bb3e6f86cb26&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil

Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil