cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector for SAP Success Factors

BodeaTudor
Level 2
Hello,

I am trying to set up the connector for SAP Success Factors but when trying to import the BP release the system throws an error(see attached).

Does anyone know if there is a potential fix for this?

Thank you!

Tudor

------------------------------
Bodea Tudor
RPA Senior Analyst
E.ON Business Services SRL
Europe/Bucharest
9 REPLIES 9

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Bodea - it could be the compatibility of your version of BP. If a release contains functionality introduced in a higher version of BP, when it's imported into a lower version, the lower version may not 'understand' what the new functionality is.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hello John,

Thank you for your prompt feedback. I have checked carefully the compatibility notes and in the description it says that the connector is compatible with BP ver 6.0 and onwards. I have 6.2.1 installed, so it should work.

Any other thoughts?

Tudor

Bodea Tudor
RPA Senior Analyst
E.ON Business Services SRL
Europe/Bucharest

@Bodea Tudor,

My guess is this is in fact a compatibility issue. There's likely a Password data item defined in the connector that's causing the issue. Blue Prism underwent a change to the underlying encryption scheme in v6.6 I believe. That change causes the initial value of Password data items (just an encrypted empty string) to cause issues with earlier versions of BP.

I'll raise this with the developer, and we will get it addressed today.

UPDATE: I didn't catch it the first time I read through this. The issue here is that the Success Factors connector is implemented using the Blue Prism Web API feature. That feature was not introduced until BP v6.4. Since you are running v6.2.1 this connector will not work in your environment.

Cheers,
​​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your feedback!

Does this mean that in the future it will be compatible with BP 6.2.1?

If yes, is there a time plan for this?

Best regards,

Tudor

Hi @Bodea Tudor,

The underlying Web API  Services feature is not something that's available prior to Blue Prism v6.4, so no this particular connector will not be available on v6.2..

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

I am trying to automate a process totally dependent on SuccessFactors platform, will the connector help? I am using BP v6.7.* and can you share the link where Ican get the connector with user guide?

Thanks

sauvik chakraborty

@sauvikchakrabor 

You can find the Success Factors connector for the Personal Information API at the following link:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/personal-information-api-for-sap-success-factors

Will it help you? I don't know. It depends on what your use case is. This connector covers just one of several available APIs within Success Factors.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Thank you very much for sharing such a nice post, it is very useful for me and everyone else. I'll be checking out frequently to read your new post, so it's unmissable to keep up.

Soniya Nag

CamilaNagg
Level 2

Hi Friend, Thank you very much for giving such nice information.

Camila Nagg