cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple connections in application server

SandeepC
Level 3
Can we run multiple instances of BPServer.exe in application server? For example, I want to use same app server for dev and qa environments. I have configured two connections in the app server - one to dev database and the other to qa database. I want to start BPServer service for both these connections in the same application server (ideally in two different ports).

Is this possible?

------------------------------
Sandeep C
Consultant
Ernst & Young LLP
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

JerinJose
Level 10
​Hi Sandeep,
We can run multiple services of BPserver in Application server provided the services are configured to listen on different ports.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi I am trying but unable to do it can you please help me on this

Vikram Ramesh

The ports configured on the server and the IC/RR have to match so the two can communicate. You can run parallel BPServer instances provided each has its own port. Then the IC/RR chooses which one to connect to by selecting the relevant port, eg Dev=8199, QA= 8198
14008.png

John Carter
Blue Prism

SophiaKhan
Level 2

Hi,
Thank you very much for sharing such a nice post, it is very useful for me and everyone else. I'll be checking out frequently to read your new post, so it's unmissable to keep up.

Sophia Khan

AliyaKhan
Level 3

Hello

Yes, you can run multiple instances of BPServer.exe in the application server to support both the dev and qa environments. By configuring two connections in the app server, each linked to its respective database, you can ensure isolation and proper testing for both environments. 

Aliya Khan