cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consult a key point of business process and business object chapter in [Foundation Training Course 6.2]

JianmeiDU
Level 2
When I learned [Foundation Training Course 6.2]. Chapter [Exercise 6.6.2 Using a Navigate Stage]  said that "You don't need to save every time, but you need to save before the very first run."
But I tried directly run the process and object without saving at the very first run, it's success. So, I am confused about what the [Foundation Training Course 6.2] said. Seek your kindly support on clarifying if I won't follow the rule ("You don't need to save every time, but you need to save before the very first run." ) what problems I will meet? Thanks.

------------------------------
Jianmei DU
PM
IBM
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

CarlCarter
Staff
Staff
Hi Jianmei,

If you are working with version 4.2 then there is a requirement to save the process before you can first run the process. Changes were implemented from version 5 which commits the Process or Business Object to the Blue Prism database upfront and before you make any edits, therefore there is no requirement to save before running. We do  recommend that you save at regular intervals to avoid memory issues which can result in the loss of work.

Foundation Training V6.2 is no longer a supported version of our training, therefore I would recommend you complete your training using the current version, which is available on the Blue Prism University in eLearning format.

Best regards,​

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VivekGoel
Level 10
Ignore that line..

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

CarlCarter
Staff
Staff
Hi Jianmei,

If you are working with version 4.2 then there is a requirement to save the process before you can first run the process. Changes were implemented from version 5 which commits the Process or Business Object to the Blue Prism database upfront and before you make any edits, therefore there is no requirement to save before running. We do  recommend that you save at regular intervals to avoid memory issues which can result in the loss of work.

Foundation Training V6.2 is no longer a supported version of our training, therefore I would recommend you complete your training using the current version, which is available on the Blue Prism University in eLearning format.

Best regards,​

Carl Carter
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi Carl,
Thank you very much for your kindly clarification. I will download the latest training materials then.

BTW, I installed 6.6.0 version of BP, I tested below function, unfortunately when I selected 2 stages at same time and modified log to disable, the result didn't show as what below said. Could you guide me please? Thanks.

Blue Prism can log the details of stages used in Processes and Business Objects. By default, stages
used in Process Studio are logged and those in Object Studio are not. This can easily be changed by
modifying the properties of a stage, selection of stages or all stages.

Jianmei DU
PM
IBM

Hi Jianmei,

If you have disabled logging on the stages, then no logs for these stages will be committed to the Blue Prism database and therefore will not appear in the Session Log.

I believe you are referring to the log messages area of Process / Object Studio and looks like the below:

10955.png
This is displayed on in Process / Object Studio during debugging or running of a process through Studio, regardless of the stage logging option selected. It is there to help with debugging. 

If you are enquiring about something else, please provide further information.

Finally, can I ask that you create a new post for new topics rather than respond on an existing thread with a different question? This is to ensure greater visibility of questions to all Community members.

Carl Carter
Blue Prism
Europe/London