Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to match any windows with the query terms

margom
Level 3

margom_0-1717030797338.png

Hi Guys,

I'm currently taking the Blue Prism Foundation Training. In the Section 5, where I need to open and close a notepad, it seems like it doesn't take the action of writing the notes in the Notepad. I kept on getting below error.

"Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'Write Note' on page 'Write' - Unable to match any windows with the query terms"

I am attaching the screenshot as well for the Launch and Write. Basically, I replicated what's in the training module.

Appreciate the help.

3 BEST ANSWERS

Best Answers

DipinDevP
Level 4

Hi,

I hope you are using Notepad object that you created your own.

Can you please check whether the Text Area that you spied still highlighting? If it is not highlighting, spy it again. It would be great, If you can share screenshots of attributes of spied element and the implementation of write action in the Notepad object.

Thanks,

Dipin Dev P

View answer in original post

DipinDevP
Level 4

@margom 

I understand you are new to Blue Prism and in learning phase.
You will learn 'Spying' in section 6 of the Foundation Training course. Once you understand the spying, you can easily find the reason for the current error and fix it.

I have tested Notepad object and it is working fine. I think, somehow system can't identify the text area of the Notepad in your machine.

Please test below actions and check whether you are getting same error in 4th step. Process not required for this testing.

1. Close Notepad. if it is already opened.
2. Open Notepad object in Blue Prism
3. Run Launch action from Notepad object.
4. Run Write action from Notepad object.

Thanks,
Dipin Dev P

@margom 
Blue Prism not able to identify your Notepad's Text Area. You will get more idea about this in coming sections of Foundation training and you can correct it yourself. In between, can you please change your black color Notepad to default white color Notepad and try once more. I am not sure, whether it will work, but you can try.

7 REPLIES 7

DipinDevP
Level 4

Hi,

I hope you are using Notepad object that you created your own.

Can you please check whether the Text Area that you spied still highlighting? If it is not highlighting, spy it again. It would be great, If you can share screenshots of attributes of spied element and the implementation of write action in the Notepad object.

Thanks,

Dipin Dev P

Hello Dipin,

I am replicating the activity cited in Section 5 - Business Objects and Action Stages but, don't get the same result. Currently, stuck in Write. A notepad will open but, an error message pops and won't push through with writing the "Hello World" text.  As I am still new to Blue Prism, what do you mean by "Spying" ? 

margom_0-1717140897193.pngmargom_1-1717141112932.png

Thank you!

Hi, 

How do you manually write into "NOTEPAD"?

Launch Notepad -> Check Notepad is launched or activated to interact -> IF not close/terminate/kill -> then launch again -> Once launched and activated -> make sure the mouse cursor is active -> then start writing -> once writing/interacting is done save/SaveAs Notepad -> Close Notepad. 

Try to replicate the above steps via BP.

In BP, "spying" refers to the process of identifying and defining the elements of an application that your automation needs to interact with. 

"Unable to match any windows with the query terms" in Blue Prism, it means that the spying mechanism could not find any elements or windows in the application that match the criteria you specified.

DipinDevP
Level 4

@margom 

I understand you are new to Blue Prism and in learning phase.
You will learn 'Spying' in section 6 of the Foundation Training course. Once you understand the spying, you can easily find the reason for the current error and fix it.

I have tested Notepad object and it is working fine. I think, somehow system can't identify the text area of the Notepad in your machine.

Please test below actions and check whether you are getting same error in 4th step. Process not required for this testing.

1. Close Notepad. if it is already opened.
2. Open Notepad object in Blue Prism
3. Run Launch action from Notepad object.
4. Run Write action from Notepad object.

Thanks,
Dipin Dev P

Thank you, Dipin.

I noticed that in the Writer Properties, Note in the Write action is in grayscale. I think I am missing an action item like Activate the text area of the Notepad.

margom_0-1717373738844.png

Appreciate the assistance and let me know if you further need screenshot.

Regards!

@margom 
Blue Prism not able to identify your Notepad's Text Area. You will get more idea about this in coming sections of Foundation training and you can correct it yourself. In between, can you please change your black color Notepad to default white color Notepad and try once more. I am not sure, whether it will work, but you can try.

margom
Level 3

Noted on this. Thank you!