cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Java Automation

FelixDavid
Level 2
Has anyone observed any performance issues with older versions of either the JRE or Java Access Bridge (JAB)? I'm automating a Java app that runs on JRE 1.5 and using Java Access Bridge 2.0.2. Any kind of statistics or metrics (even anecdotal) comparing the versions would be helpful. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
It would be interesting to see what the community has to say about this. From my personal experience in previous automations, I had to use surface automation to interact with a Java application (Oracle). When I did the research a while ago, the problem is that BP downloads the ALL the attributes of ALL the elements that appear in the screen, even though you are only spying one. This consumes a tone of memory causing the automation to behave extremely slow.

Uday__Arikatla
Level 4
Try adding descendtree, ignorenotshowing under application wizard params. This might resolve this.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Also, always use match index.

EstebanCarrasco
Level 4
For example in the SIEBEL application, in some menus of the application the automation is very fast, almost does not fail. But in the Journal menu the identification of the screen elements is very very slow. I do not know what the source of this problem is. According to my experience, automating java platforms is much easier than the old vb6 applications. Regards.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
the new UIA interface in version 6.2 may make a difference - my testing of it seems to indicate it is quicker.

FelixDavid
Level 2
A couple of updates - I tried version 6.2. Unless I'm wrong, UIA mode isn't a substitute for spying in Java mode. I also experimented with match index, ancestor count, and ordinal. None of these approaches provided any marked improvement in speed.

Ahmed_BasheerMo
Level 2
Hi All,   I am trying to automate my first Java application. I tried to manually launch the application but the application doesn't appear after the launch. I have JRE 1.8 installed and JAVA access bridge 2.0.2 installed as well (I used the BP installer for this version).   Kindly advise.  

JanSmedseng
Level 2
Hi,   my experience says, that you should avoid large tables as a table is a collection of labels. Sounds strange, but by optimizing our processes, we managed for example to once load the global table of our application and then filtering just the item, we need. That way, we could increase performance.   But for java automation I'm also using JavaMonkey.exe to get a list of all controls on the window. That application seems to be much faster. It just takes two seconds to get the whole tree with all attributes. I think, you can improve that 🙂

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
It would be nice to have some way to narrow search to some branch of element tree (in HTML mode too) For example, you find ""InternalFrame"" with specific name, get it's handle (ac i guess), then use that handle as dynamic value to define element to start descending from. It doesn't fit very well in BP model, but that would solve some of the issues.