cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert HTML String from Word including to send as an email

UsamaZubair2
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to convert a word document into html text to be sent via MS Outlook VBO. I am aware that I can use base-64 to attach images but struggling to implement this. Is there a way I can convert the entire document to html including images to html and save it into a data item to then be send via Outlook ABO?

Any help would be great and appreciated. 

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Top of my head this (I have not had Blue Prism installed for a few years)... 
If you look in the MS Word VBO that Blue Prism provides you should see that it is all code stages that interface with word document object.   If there is a save as action then there will be a number within it that can be changed to save in different formats (including pdfs,  html,  etc).   If the action has a type number input then you can just give the number for saving in HTML,  if not then you will need to create a new action to save as HTML similar to the existing save as pdf action (i think?).
There is lots and lots of online content about interfacing with word document objects and the save formats so hopefully with my aging memory hint and a bit of googling you should be able to find what you need.

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Usama Zubair,

@Denis__Dennehy is spot on with his explanation. Make a duplicate of the existing Save As action in the MS Word VBO​ and name it Save As HTML. After that, open the Code stage on the page and change it to look like this:

36418.png
The number 8, that we've added to the function, is the magic number for saving a DOCX as HTML. It will also take any images in your Word document and embed them within the HTML in MIME format.

Cheers,
Eric​