cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not identify process owning the current foreground window

M_Zubair
Level 2
We are running two RPAs on one runtime (scheduled). The first process is completing 12 mins before next starts. e.g P1 completes at 11:48 and P2 Starts at 12:00 Problem: when scheduler runs P2 BP gives 'Could not identify process owning the current foreground window' error and terminates. When we login to runtime resource and start the process manually everything works fine.   Runtime resources are configured as per BP recommendations like there is no lock and local security policy are set as per recommendations  
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you are using RDP to connect to the resource machines, this could produce the effect you describe. RDP is specifically not recommended because the desktop of the remote machine is destroyed once the connection is closed and recreated only when you reconnect. One answer is to use Login Agent to lout and back in after you have disconnected RDP, but the best option is to use a non-invasive remote access tool.

ZaidRab
Level 2
Any solution to this? Bump

TengWang
Level 2
To my knowledge, that error is basically saying that the session window is locked or not exists. Please follow BP recommendations and configure persistent runtime resource (RDP should not be used). Another tip is to also check the GLOBAL security policies of the robots group, avoiding any potential overwrite. Login Agent can be a workaround to tackle this problem, but not resolving it.

GuptaKancharla1
Level 3
We are also facing the same issue 'Could not identify process owning the current foreground window' error when we schedule the application through LoginAgent in RDP machines. Out of 10 times one or two times is recognizing the window and rest it is failing.   May I know non-intrusive console? Is it VNC viewer? If yes, how to install this ? As per my understanding VNC server would be installed into BOT machines(Resource PC) and VNC client would be installed in App server. Am I right? Pls clarify on it. thanks in Advance.