cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count Rows of a Nested Collection

KamtornPhanwise
Level 2
Can anyone help me. I have created a nested collection (2 collections within 1) and I require the number of rows in each of the child collection. I know that Count Rows requires the collection as text i.e "Coll1" as appose to [Coll1], I have tried this and I can only achieve the row count of 1 for the parent collection. I have also tried "Coll1.Ch1". However, the BO Exceptions out because it can not find the child collection.   Please help as I am running out of ideas.
3 REPLIES 3

Prateekpotti_jo
Level 2
you can create a temp1 collection and set its value as Coll1.Ch1. then pass temp1 collection to the rowcount BO.Its kind of a workaround, for a proper solution you have to small scripting   

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
I was under impression this is fixed in 6.3 release, but I haven't tested it myself. Already have a VBO action for that.

KamtornPhanwise
Level 2
Thank you pjpra for your prompt assistance.  so another words, I may as well create 2 individual collections instead of combining it into 1 single Nested Collection.   aikudino, we're currently running on BP V5 and V6.3 is in the pipeline.   Thank you for your assistance.