cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credentials: You do not have permission to access the credential Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've generated key for encryption, created credentials in System tab and put an action to Business Object: Internal - Credentials - Get. When I was creating new credentials, there was "Access" tab, but only for process (no any Business Objects). So, when I start process, this action comes up with an error: "You do not have permission to access the credential". What could be the problem? BR, Daria
2 REPLIES 2

ivan.gordeyev
Level 5
Only computers available as resources can retrieve the credentials. By default, we shall not have our own development devices registered as resources (for security purposes etc). You can use the resource machine to step through the process to ensure that it works. During development/testing phase you can skip the login process and test it on appropriate resource later. If the machine you are using is the resource machine then you need to ensure that: - The machine is added as a resource; - The Credentials have the relevant Processes/Resources/Roles set in the System - Security Credentials area.

ThomasTong
Level 4
I have a similar problem... When I try to Credentials->Get from within the BO, it says that the BO does not have permission to access the credentials needed. In System->Credentials, when I open the credential and go to Access Rights->Processes tab, only processes are listed and not the BO. Did the accessing of credentials change in the latest BP release? If I step into the BO from the calling process, passing the credential values, I can stop it where I need it and try to model more UI elements, but that doesn't get saved when I exit the BO (ad hoc) and process. So the question is:  How do I get credentials from within the BO so that I can log into the site and continue with the Application Modeller?