cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Gateways without server admin

JakobSørensen1
Level 2
I am looking into Blue Prisms Data Gateway functionality. I would like to use a SQL Server as data gateway, but according to this guide, you pretty much need to be server admin to configure it correctly. In my organization, as well as most other larger organizations, getting server admin permissions is not possible.

Is there a way to configure data gateways (using SQL) where you only need something like database owner on a single database?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Jakob,

Data Gateways does not need sysadmin permissions on the SQL Server only membership in the BPA_DataGatewaysEngine database role in the Blue Prism database and if using a Database destination write access to any Data Gateway database destination table (this cannot exist in the Blue Prism database). See the "User Guide - Data Gateways" on the portal for more information.

Regards

Chris

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jakob,

Data Gateways does not need sysadmin permissions on the SQL Server only membership in the BPA_DataGatewaysEngine database role in the Blue Prism database and if using a Database destination write access to any Data Gateway database destination table (this cannot exist in the Blue Prism database). See the "User Guide - Data Gateways" on the portal for more information.

Regards

Chris

JakobSørensen1
Level 2
@chris.mcgowan do you by any chance have a link to the user guide that you are referring to?​

Hi Jakob,

The documentation can be found on the portal, link to the particular document below;

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/data-gateways/dg-introduction.htm?tocpath=Guides%7CData%20Gateways%7C_____0

Regards

Chris