cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Archive and Cleanup - Downtime needed?

HarshithKumar
Level 4
Hi All,

I hope everyone in the community is doing great and staying safe!

Just to give a background-
We are planning to archive our Blueprism platform production database before doing a cleanup on a weekly basis(mostly on Saturday/Sunday) which could take around 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the amount of data.

In order for us to make sure that this would not impact the running processes on the platform. I wanted to know your opinion. So if you could help us get some insights on this topic - I can proceed with further activities.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated as we are new to the process of maintaining database performance while running the platform and doing the archive and cleanup parallelly(if there is downtime needed while doing this activity?).

The database server is hosted on Amazon EC2 instance with r5.xlarge type.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Best Regards,
Harshith
1 REPLY 1

expertcr
Staff
Staff
As a best practice, we always recommend running the maintenance script in a maintenance window with no process running in the environment.
They to run varies from one database to another, depending on how much data you are keeping and when was the last time you ran the Maintenance script.

We have clients that can stop production; in that case, our maintenance script includes one specific script for this case named "Delete Session Log in Small Batches" these will allow deleting data in small batches and will enable the process to keep running.