cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete specific Attachment an farward it - Outlook

Reinke__HDI
Level 4
Hi,
I need a function with which I can delete a specific attachment from a received mail and then forward this mail afterwards or directly without this one attachment. An additional saving of the attachments and then only sending the necessary attachments in a new mail should be avoided (data protection, Security etc.) So far we have always used the Outlook VBO, but I did not find anything like that in the standard - I also have no knowledge of coding, so I need help if something has to be written as code myself to expand the VBO component or something. Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Björn Reinke

Blue Prism Version: 6.4.2.
3 REPLIES 3

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi,

Did you try using Graph API or you need the solution in Outlook VBO only?​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hello,

no, I don't know them - in the end I would be fine with any solution ;-)

But unfortunately I lack the deep IT knowledge for coding and APIs - unless it can be explained as a non-IT person. That's why I always like to use VBOs or existing modules.

Björn Reinke

Blue Prism Version: 6.4.2.
VDI: Win10 / Office 365

Hello,

I tried to do something similar with the BP code itself. Below are some checks that can be used to eliminate unnecessary files.

1.Check the file extension and do not add it as an attachment in the reply email.
2.Filter on file size if you want to remove unnecessary images that get downloaded using VBO (for e.g. company logo, signature, link, etc)

One more thing that can be useful is saving the original email as a .msg file and attach that file as an attachment when you reply to the email. This option is available in VBO.

Hope this helps to frame some logic without a code/API-based solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer