cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Public run time and Private run time in Blue prism.

Prashanth_Kumar
Level 2
Hi Team, I have query. what are the differences between Public run time and Private run time in Blue prism.   Thanks and Regards, Prashanth Kumar Anuparthi
3 REPLIES 3

DaveMorris
Level 14
Public means that anyone logged into that Blue Prism environment (and has the appropriate User Role) can start a Process on that Runtime Resource. Private means that only the user who is logged into that machine can use it as a Runtime Resource. Usually, Private occurs if you have the option checked in System > System - Settings > ""Start a personal Runtime Resource on this machine when users sign in to Blue Prism."" I suppose you could also start a private runtime resource by using the command line as well on the current machine.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave,

With the option "System>System>Settings> Start a personal Run-time Resource on this machine " selected I don't see run time resource as a private one. I tried the command " Automate.exe /Resourcepc /Private /SSO . that also failed saying invalid parameter. Any way to make a run-time resource a private one ?

------------------------------
Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York

I'm aware this is necro'ing this post, but I wanted to reply here since this comes up when searching in Google, and I'm the one who didn't respond to the 2nd question originally anyway.

The answer to the above is that "/private" is not a valid argument. Instead, you can use one of these three arguments: /public, /local, (nothing). Nothing means simply don't put an argument in place of this. The default functionality is to start a private resource so there is no switch for that.

Examples:

1. For a standard public runtime resource & will show in Blue Prism to others as "Idle":

"...\AutomateS.exe" /resourcepc /public /sso /invisible

2. To replicate a private RR like what happens by default when opening Blue Prism & will show in Blue Prism to others as "Online (Private)":

"...\AutomateS.exe" /resourcepc /sso /invisible

3. To start a local runtime resource that will reject connections and will show in Blue Prism as "Offline":

"...\AutomateS.exe" /resourcepc /local /sso /invisible

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA