cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document save as

RussellStebbins
Level 2
I am creating a simple 'hello world' process using word pad (give you an idea of my skill level).  I can open the app, write to the app but when I try to save the document I cannot get the file name to take.  I know there are alternative ways of solving this but I want to understand what is happening and how to solve it using no coding or utilities. The save as dialog opens OK and I use a write to create a custom file name and put it into the File Name text field.  The save button functions and I get an error message asking whether I want to overwrite the default file name.  There seems to be a step I am missing to get the custom name saved in the text field.
4 REPLIES 4

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
The default file name automatically should be overwritten once u write some data in it.  You have to spy the area where u want to write data and use write stage to write file name. Please suggest what is the exact error u are getting.
Narayan

RussellStebbins
Level 2
The write does add the file name but the dialog doesn't recognize it as being entered  

david.l.morris
Level 14
Is it possible that you're clicking save button too fast so that the app hasn't received the value you wrote to it yet? The easiest way to test this is with an arbitrary wait after writing. 
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

RussellStebbins
Level 2
I have a 10 sec wait time. Another indicator that there is a missing step is that when I manually click the save button I get the same error.  However, when I click on the file name field and then the save it works.