cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download .xlsb file from salesforce API

UdayKiran3
Level 2
Hi Team,

I had a requirement of downloading the report (Excel File) from the API using postman.

While im using the Request Http call, im getting some errors. Is there any way to get the report from api in BluePrism.

Please help with this.

Thanks,
Uday Kiran

------------------------------
Uday Kiran
7 REPLIES 7

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Uday Kiran,

I take it the .xlsb is attached to a record in SFDC? There are a few ways you could do this. You could use Application Modeller to create a VBO that logs into SFDC, via the browser, brings up the specific record, and then clicks on the .xlsb to download the file. Alternatively, there is the SFDC Lightning REST API​ which exposes the sObject Blob Retrieve endpoint. This can be used for getting the binary content of a blob field such as an Attachment, Document, Note, etc. You can find more detail about it the following link:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_sobject_blob_retrieve.htm

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hello @ewilson,

What will be the VBO used in BluePrism to get the report from the Blob API ?

Can you share any link containing the integration with BluePrism and the Salesforce Blob API for retrieving the report? This help will be beneficial.

And if it is possible, can you please elaborate on it?

Thanks,
Uday Kiran

Uday Kiran

Hi Eric, 

I have a Salesforce "POST" API which when used in postman downloads a spreadsheet. I am using the send and download functionality of postman. Attached is the screenshot. 

I researched that the same can be done in Blue Prism using the HTTP Request File VBO. but when I am passing the same parameters to the object as I have passed to the api call in postman, I get the "Illegal characters found in path" error. Attached is the screenshot. 

I have tried customizing the path several times i.e. using forward slashes, back slashes and everything but still the error persists. Any help would be appreciated. 

Harkirat Nagpal

@HarkiratNagpal,

The File Path value needs to include the name and extension of the file too (ex. C:\Users\40103837\Downloads\SFDC\MyTestFile.xlsb).

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@ewilson
Tried it but still getting the same error. PFB the screenshot. ​

Harkirat Nagpal

@HarkiratNagpal I believe FileURL parameter should be set to False or left blank unless you are trying to pass a file in Body of your HTTP POST request ​

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi @shashank.kumar280,

It worked. Thank you so much for your input.

@ewilson Thank you for all the help.

Harkirat Nagpal