cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While selecting a particular Item from the list box when spied in java mode

pallshan
Level 3
Hi, I am trying to automate java based application, I have installed JAB as well. I want to select a particular item from the list box which was spied in java mode. I have used navigate tool for this spied element and in properties I have selected that element and given action as "select item" and I have also given item name and item index values, but still I am getting an error message as "Internal : Failed to perform step 3 in Navigate Stage 'Select_bulkload' on page 'Activitymgmcase14' - Index is out of range. Highest (zero-based) value allowed is 10". Could you please help me solve this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, you do not need to use both the Item Name and Index Values. I suggest you try getting it to work just using the Item Name (because the index location of an item could change if items were added or removed from the list in future). Also, best practice would be to read all items, loop through the collection of all items until you get to the one you want (using an InStr comparison), and then selecting the item based upon name only - using the full text of the found item. Throw an exception if the item is not found. This will make your solution more robust - as you are using the actual values in the combo which will cater better for extra spaces etc after the text that you might not know about. If in doubt I suggest you contact a more experienced lead developer within your organisation or your Blue Prism DEM for more details about this.

pallshan
Level 3
Hi, Don't we have any other options other than writing a code to select a particular item from the list box which was spied in java mode? I tried to read the items using get text,get selected items and other actions but I am not able to get the Item text into the collection. Can you please suggest me any other methods?