cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - invocation.

Ducian
Level 2

Hello Community,

Looking for a resolution to this error please.

Error - Highlighting results - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

chrome browser, scraping data from web. I get this error often. Read that others encountered this error when clicking buttons within Edge.

I get this error when collecting data from weather.com

and its sporadic, at times, I can scrape all data needed from the site, and with no change to my process I start getting this error. 

------------------------------
Raphael Shores
4 REPLIES 4

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Raphael Shores,

I dont recall encountering this error while working on the web application, But I think it might be depends on the web application and how  BOT is reading the data,
Can you elaborate how you are trying to read the data (  and Stage name , action used to read the data) might help to suggest  Some workaround.

I can see couple  of knowledge base article related to this exception but those are excel, VBO. take a look in to  below article if you are interested,

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000076847-bpe-error-exception-has-been-thrown-by-the-target-of-an-invocation-when-trying-to-read-the-excel-vb

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000078397-bpe-error-exception-has-been-thrown-by-the-target-of-an-invocation-while-using-write-stage-in-sap

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

rsrivastava2
Level 5

Hi Raphael,

If this is sporadic, this means - 

1. Your code is likely working, and the issue is to do with the website.
  2. This could also mean that the issue with website behaviors.

I would suggest - 

1. Using incognito mode, avoiding any cookie and cache.
  2. Take into account, any adds or other elements that may be dynamic on website.
  3. Go to chrome - settings and disable option that keeps background applications processes running.
  4. You may not like this, but you could use start process -> process - cmd, parameter - taskkill /f /im "chrome*"

Hope this helps!

WeitghtRPAMatey
WeitghtRPAMatey

Ducian
Level 2

Ducian_0-1711062365691.png

Thank you both for your reply, and willingness to assist. 

harish.m - Sorry I could not review the links as they needed additional singing up for membership to view.

RohitSrivastava - I have tried 1/3 and is 4 just killing chrome? I did that and the browser closed. 

I have not seen the error message in a few days, but I have also moved to another website for data Weather.com to Accuweather.com, got the error message today.

using a Navigate stage

I am attempting to spy the drop downs options. I would only like the options within the USA, actually I just need to be able to validate the selected option from the entered zip is within the USA. The top option is usually a USA location but at times the top option is not USA, in the picture the 2ed option matches the zip, but in another Country, I want to ensure this is avoided if it shows as the top option. also doing this within a VDI (remote) not sure if that matters

Hello,

Option  if it makes sense in the context, check the accuweather API https://developer.accuweather.com/apis, I believe that filters by region can help and speed up the search.

Regards,

Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil