cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to use Global Send Keys to Select from a drop down menu

TomMason
Level 4
Hi All, I'm just wondering if anyone has come across the following when trying to select an item from a Drop down menu within SharePoint..... strangely this works elsewhere but doesn't here.... the error I'm getting is: Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Select Ticket Type (AA)' on page 'Create New Task' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd) Any ideas? Cheers Tom
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Not an error I have seen before. My thoughts are: ** The ""ForceForeground"" error is a strange one - you are not using RDP or anything are you? ** I suggest using Get Items to get a collection of all items in the drop down and then evaluating that collection to find the one you want to select using InStr - then select it using the read text. I have had issues before selecting drop down items where the text I wanted to select was actually different to how it looked (i.e. there may be spaces after the text you do not know about). ** If all else fails, move onto Surface Automation techniques for selecting the item. Combo boxes can be problematic sometimes.

TomMason
Level 4
Thanks Denis.... Yeah we are logging in via Remote Pc, however Blue Prism is installed on that PC and the Process is held on that PC also.... I didn't think that this would be an issue since it is all held on the PC but I am running it using a Remote Connection?