cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when adding dll in a object studio

Chiranjit_Ghosh
Level 3
Hi, I have created a dll using C# language, and added it with a object studio. I have added the namespace. When I am calling the methods within the dll I am getting the error--"Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not load file or assembly 'MyDll, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded..". I am using Blue prism version 4.2.5 and dll version 1.3.0.0 or 1.0.0.0. Any help will be appreciated .
4 REPLIES 4

NilanjanMukhopa
Level 3
Hello Chiranjit which .net framework version you used while building your dll. its supposed to be greater than the .NET framework version(not your dll version) which Blue prism is using. try to change the the .NET framework version of your dll to match with the Blue prism. other wise you can change the target frame work of blue prism in Automate.exe.config file. hope this will help you

Hi Nilanjan, Blue Prism 4.2 supports .Net Framework 2.0. I have created the dll with 2.0 framework, and even tried with other versions but the result is same.

NilanjanMukhopa
Level 3
Hello Chiranjit Can you tell me whether you have used or include any other dll in your project(dll). or you may have given reference of other dll. if possible can you post the namespaces you have used in your dll.

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Data; using System.Data.OleDb; These are the namespaces I have used inside my dll. And In Blue Prism I have used these dlls ---System.Data.dll, System.Xml.dll and my dll. and namespaces I have used in bp is--- System , System.Data, System.Data.OleDb and My dll's Namespace.