cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when moving email to sub-folder in Shared Mailbox

MatthewBelia
Level 2

Hello, I'm receiving an intermittent error when attempting to move an email to a sub-folder in a Shared Mailbox.

In a Shared Mailbox called Remittance, I have an Inbox and then a year folder set up which then has a month folder under that. e.g. \\Remittance\Inbox\2023\July. 

For most emails, they are moved correctly, however occasionally I will receive an error that says:
"Failed to locate folder '2023'. Array index out of bounds" 

I have tried both "Move Item" and "Move Email to Inbox Sub-Folder" in an older VBO version I have as well as the v10.3.1 version. 

26715.png

26716.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

------------------------------
Matthew Belia
7 REPLIES 7

Hello Matthew,

Did you tried using the Shared Mailbox mail address instead of its Name ?

Athiban Mahamathi - https://www.linkedin.com/in/athiban-mahamathi-544a008b/
Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext,
Singapore

Hi Athiban, thanks for your reply. I've just tried that and no luck unfortunately - receiving the same error. 

Matthew Belia

Hi Matthew,

I am able to move the emails with the same folder structure as mentioned above (PFB). If possible, can you share the email folder structure screenshot. 

26649.png

Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext,
Singapore

Hi Athiban,

Thanks, my folder structure looks exactly like yours but in a shared mailbox. Is your setup also in a shared mailbox? If so, would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Blue Prism action?

Thanks,
Matthew 
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) is intended solely for the named addressee(s). It may be confidential, privileged and/or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of any part of this information is strictly prohibited. Confidentiality, copyright and privilege are not waived if you have received this e-mail in error, in which case please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail, together with any attachments, without use, copying or disclosure. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily represent those of Talent International Group Entities. Whilst all care has been taken, Talent International group entities disclaim all liability for loss or damage to person(s) and/or property arising from this message being infected by computer virus or other contamination. Talent International Group understands that your personal information is important to you and is committed to protecting your privacy. Regulations such as Australian Privacy Principals and General Data Protection Regulation aim to standardise data protection and privacy legislation across various territories, increasing privacy rights for individuals and providing a rigorous framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. You can view our privacy statements on our website and if you do not wish to be contacted regarding any of the products or services we offer, please email Talent using the contact details provided within the privacy pages on our site. Privacy statements and contact details will vary per jurisdiction.

Hi Matthew,

It's not a Shared Mailbox. For testing purpose, I tried it with my personal account but within my outlook app I do have multiple accounts. So, I gave one of my personal account names in the Shared Mailbox input field.

"Failed to locate folder 'xyz'. Array index out of bounds" error occurs only when we try to locate a folder which is not available within the mailbox. Can you check if the '2023' folder has any leading and trailing spaces?

26666.png

Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext,
Singapore

Thank you for checking, I think my issue is because it's through a shared mailbox unfortunately. I don't experience any issues if it's my personal one. 
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) is intended solely for the named addressee(s). It may be confidential, privileged and/or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of any part of this information is strictly prohibited. Confidentiality, copyright and privilege are not waived if you have received this e-mail in error, in which case please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail, together with any attachments, without use, copying or disclosure. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily represent those of Talent International Group Entities. Whilst all care has been taken, Talent International group entities disclaim all liability for loss or damage to person(s) and/or property arising from this message being infected by computer virus or other contamination. Talent International Group understands that your personal information is important to you and is committed to protecting your privacy. Regulations such as Australian Privacy Principals and General Data Protection Regulation aim to standardise data protection and privacy legislation across various territories, increasing privacy rights for individuals and providing a rigorous framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. You can view our privacy statements on our website and if you do not wish to be contacted regarding any of the products or services we offer, please email Talent using the contact details provided within the privacy pages on our site. Privacy statements and contact details will vary per jurisdiction.

Hello Matthew,

For the purpose of testing, I created a shared mailbox within my sandbox environment, and I successfully moved the emails using the Move Email action. However, I am unsure of the reason behind the error you encountered while trying to move the mailbox into the shared mailbox.

Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext,
Singapore