cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when running from Control room - access denied to temp folder

NicholasHobbs
Level 3
Hi all,

Our process has been working fine for a while on our runtime resource but today when running the process we get this issue when trying to run the process on the runtime resource.
ERROR: Internal: Access to the path "C:\Users\local_BPUser\Temp\2o2kponj.tmp" was denied.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure what could be causing this issue.  Our user is local admins on the runtime resource. At the start of the process we are reading from a file, this is the object where the error is beign thrown.

Thanks

Nick

------------------------------
Nicholas Hobbs
Automation Developer
milia.io
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Nicholas I don't have an answer but the basic questions (which you've probably already considered) would be

• Is the process definitely running as that user?
  • Does the user have access to that folder/file?
  • Is the file path valid?
  • Does the file exist when the process tries to access it?
  • Could anything else be using the file?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi NIcholas

Have you tried changing the file location to removing the drive letter? If you try it with \\Users\local_BPUser\Temp\2o2kponj.tmp this should hopefully fix your issue.

Regards
Michael ONeil

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

The file we are reading isn't in the temp folder. It is somewhere else on the C drive. But this error happens. I don't know why it is trying to read from the Temp folder

Nicholas Hobbs
Automation Developer
milia.io

Hi Nicholas

I was just using the example folder you provided but the principle is the same for any folder. Try removing the drive letter from the folder address, remove the C:\ and replace it with \\

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London