cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel VBO recognizing data as column header

BernadetteStroe
Level 4

Hello all,

I'm trying to use Get Workbook as a collection but it fails. The error is column xxxx is already in the data table. However the column name is actually a data point under a column name. Has anyone seen this error before and knows how to resolve it?

The Excel sheet is arranged with column names across row 1. So for example if under the Name column, the same name appears in row 2 and row 3, the second instance triggers an error. But the system identifies the names as duplicate column names. Hope someone can help.

thanks
Bernadette

------------------------------
Bernadette Stroeder
S&P Global
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14
That's pretty weird. Any chance you could attach a sample input file? In general though, when you have issues with trying to do Get Worksheet As Collection and it fails due to column name issues, you can set the input for using the first row as the header to false. Then, once it's in Blue Prism in a collection, you can try doing Set Column Names From First Row (or similar wording -- I don't have BP open right now).

But, yeah, if the names in the data set are causing the error, then something else is wrong, maybe with the file.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks for putting me on the right track Dave!

I inspected the Excel file and no errors popped up. However, I copied and pasted the data into a new workbook and renamed it. The new Excel file worked fine.
Not sure what was wrong but that's a good tip. It's not always BP. 🙂

Cheers
Bernadette

Bernadette Stroeder
S&P Global