cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling

ShraddhaPavagi2
Level 3
Hi All,

I am getting below exception while executing the code.

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))

Can any one please tell why I am getting this type exception and how to resolve it.

------------------------------
Shraddha Pavagi
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Shraddha

This is a Microsoft error and is not related to Blue Prism  The error usually occurs when MS Excel is not ready to handle your call (for example, if the user is busy editing a cell or pressing the mouse button). 

The following two threads on the Microsoft forum may help you to address this error:

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Shraddha

This is a Microsoft error and is not related to Blue Prism  The error usually occurs when MS Excel is not ready to handle your call (for example, if the user is busy editing a cell or pressing the mouse button). 

The following two threads on the Microsoft forum may help you to address this error:

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

Thanks a lot.

Shraddha Pavagi

IrynaMusiiovska
Level 2
Hi everyone.

My solution was very simple.
I found the core of the problem: the Excel setting. If you have some information that updates while the opening - switch it off.
Example: Pivot Table. Do not allow to refresh data while opening Excel.

Iryna Musiiovska

Hi Iryna,

I came across the same error while I'm using the Open Workbook in Blue Prism MS Excel VBO-Extended. This happens because excel contains pivot tables, where 'refresh data when opening the file' is checked (in Pivot table's options). However I can't change it to false programmatically in Blue Prism before using the Open Workbook. Did you manage to solve this one?

Thanks,
Theo

Theodoros Papasotiriou