cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Has Been Thrown by the Target of an Invocation

IngridBardales
Level 4
I'm trying to open an excel sheet and i get:   Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invoaction.   What does this mean and how do i resolve the issue?  I am using Excel VBO and the Action is Open Workbook.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The following are possibilities: 1. Ensure you are using the Excel interface correctly.  Return to the Foundation Training exercises if you are not sure.  I have seen an example where a client was getting this error because they used Create Instance with the Enable Events input parameter set to ""True"" (which is text because of the quotations) instead of True. 2. Make sure you are using a version of office that is compatible with your version of Blue Prism.  Blue Prism has only been certified for use with Office 2016 in one of the latest releases (check the release notes).

BogdanDeris1
Level 3
Hello, Same problem here solved by using an old version of Excel VBO object - 5.0.22. Works without any problem. Best regards.

LaurentDELOBEL1
Level 2
Hello, Where could I find the Excel VBO object - 5.0.22 ?   Thanks by advance   Laurent