cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception:More than one matching window found,object studio

krishnavenijala
Level 2
HI, i am facing trouble in spying the elements uniquely, i am spying on user interface application, need to spy a close button, associated with field which i want to remove. working modes are ui & active accessability modes,  matching index is working but for each input associated fileds varry which too associated with removal button. the filed i want to remove is constant but , its postion is chnaging for unique input with reaming fileds. can some one please share possible ways of resolving this?. used ordinal and match index  since elements position is not constant for each iteration not worked out.
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Some applications don't provide enough meta-data (attributes) to enable you to create a unique 'fingerprint' for an element. Ordinal can help, but only if it is consistent, and that depends on the way the app was programmed and isn't guaranteed. Same with Match Index, ie the Nth matching element. As long as you are certain that your button is always the 4th match, then it will work. Maybe a workaround is to direct a mouse click to a nearby element that can be spied reliably, but use XY coordinates that will hit the close button and not the element. For example, in the screenshot there is a CVS Group PLC button, and let's assume it is 200 pixels wide. If you do a mouse click on it but with coordinates 220,5, the mouse will miss the CVS button and hit the X button.