cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to match any windows with the query terms (Production System)

yadidgarbo
Level 3

Error Message:

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Window' on page 'DOPiX Prozess - Send Keys' - Unable to match any windows with the query terms

Environment:

Test Environment:

• BluePrism Version: 7.3

• Java Application: DOPiX

• Result: Application is recognized and captured without errors.

Process Information (PowerShell Output): 

ProcessID       : 9144
ProcessName     : javaw
MainWindowTitle : DOPiX 6 stest,connIp,connHttp,logConsoleFile,feedbackHttp,trigger,useLdap - D006012031_DVL_KHS6176 ERINNERN REGRESS / RATE
Is64Bit         : True
StartTime       : 27.08.2024 13:59:39
CPUTime         : 59,28125
MemoryUsage     : 423948288
UserName        :
CommandLine     :
PriorityClass   : Normal
ProcessPath     : C:\Users\Public\DopixAbzugTest\S\java_jdk_windows-x86-64\bin\javaw.exe
ThreadCount     : 54

Production Environment:

• BluePrism Version: 7.3

• Java Application: DOPiX

• Result: Application is not recognized, error occurs.

Process Information (PowerShell Output):

ProcessID       : 13648
ProcessName     : javaw
MainWindowTitle : DOPiX 6 stest,connIp,connHttp,logConsoleFile,feedbackHttp,trigger,useLdap - D006012031_DVL_KHS6176 ERINNERN REGRESS / RATE
Is64Bit         : True
StartTime       : 27.08.2024 14:11:00
CPUTime         : 60,0625
MemoryUsage     : 560844800
UserName        :
CommandLine     :
PriorityClass   : Normal
ProcessPath     : C:\Users\Public\DopixAbzugTest\S\java_jdk_windows-x86-64\bin\javaw.exe
ThreadCount     : 65

Description:

I exported a release from the test environment including all necessary components and imported it into the production environment. No changes were made to the process or object after importing the release.

Issues Encountered:

• When debugging in the production environment, the above error message is encountered.
  • When opening the Application Modeller in the production environment and clicking "Highlight," I receive the following error:
    Error - Highlighting results - Unable to match any windows with the query terms

Checks Performed:

• Application Modeller Settings: Both environments have identical settings as nothing was changed post-release import.
  • Other Checks: Checked access rights, compatibility settings, and general system differences, but the issue persists.

I am looking for advice or insights to diagnose and resolve this issue. Has anyone experienced similar problems or have an idea of what might be causing this?

Attachments:

App_Main_Window.jpgApplica_Window.jpgNavigate_Stage.jpg

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

yadidgarbo
Level 3

We were able to solve the problem ourselves.

The problem was that the two processes “javaw.exe” are called in a different order on the test server.

On the test server the smaller PID, belongs to the DOPIX application and the larger PID belongs to the other java application.

On the productive system, the automatic program call was the other way round, whereby the PID of the application that was not required was attached first.

Solution:

Using the Utility General and Utility - Environment.

First we create a list of all PIDs and save it in a collection.
The Windows titles are then read out using the General utility (Get Windows).
In the event of a match, the correct PID is passed on via Attach.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yadidgarbo
Level 3

We were able to solve the problem ourselves.

The problem was that the two processes “javaw.exe” are called in a different order on the test server.

On the test server the smaller PID, belongs to the DOPIX application and the larger PID belongs to the other java application.

On the productive system, the automatic program call was the other way round, whereby the PID of the application that was not required was attached first.

Solution:

Using the Utility General and Utility - Environment.

First we create a list of all PIDs and save it in a collection.
The Windows titles are then read out using the General utility (Get Windows).
In the event of a match, the correct PID is passed on via Attach.

david.l.morris
Level 14

2nd Edit: I see you found the solution while I was typing this message. 😃

It looks like you (or someone) is able to debug in Production. If that is the case, did you try creating a new element temporarily and spying/identifying the same App Main Window and then compare what the attribute values are? It could be something as simple as a tiny difference in spelling in the class name or window text.

Just to mention, glancing at your screenshots, I would agree that it shouldn't have this issue, so that is odd. But the first thing I'd verify is to see what Blue Prism finds as the attribute values for the main window in Production. It could just be something you couldn't have predicted.

Edit: I should go ahead and mention the other thing that seems possible though still unlikely. Maybe to test this, you should have a conditional wait stage before that Activate Navigate stage. What this would help with is speed of execution issues. Make the timeout high enough to give it room for the app to load up on screen and such, maybe 5 or 10 seconds or whatever seems appropriate to you. This would also help even in debug mode testing in Production to see if Blue Prism ever finds it even given time to wait for it.

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company