cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Types

jgregor4
Level 6
Is it possible to supress exception types from showing in the drop down menu when creating a new exception stage?   There are a few specific exception types listed in certain VBO€™s like the excel one where we do not want to give people the option of accidently selecting it when building out an object or process.   I seems that the standard VBO€™s potentially do not show all of the exception types in the system settings or exception type drop down however we have saved custom versions to create new code sections and I am not sure if it is these that are pulling the exception types through.   Any one know if this is possible to supress certain exception types from showing the drop downs?
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
No you can't at present I'm afraid, but it's a good idea for the Ideas and Enhancements forum.

RobertoCarbonet
Level 3
I saw last weeks in this forum but I had the opposite problem just one or two exception types. After I was seeing that this was different in other local DBs then I red the 'exception type' table into the concerned DB. So I was able to modify adding or updating the related rows items. In the same manner you should be able to modify to restrict these exceptions types. The combo get the text so no orphan could be created; the proof is that objects maintains the already chosen exceptions. Please check but this may change into the DB after some other objects will be imported.