cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to initialise MAPIEx (A MAPI Error occurred : 0x80004005 : MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED).

SyedAbu
Level 3
I am using latest mapiex 1.1.15 for sending email. It was working fine. but when my outlook in the VM downgraded from 2013 to 2010 i started facing below issue  Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to initialise MAPIEx (A MAPI Error occurred : 0x80004005 : MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED). And the BP Outlook Mapiex is not working not able to send email. Any help is much apprecieated. Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was it working before on MS Outlook 2013 ? I am facing  the same issue. Anybody know how to solve it ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has there been any resolution to this issue?

We had a simular issue. Go to mail settings in control panel. Go into email accounts. Double click on the account your sending from and on the next screen disable Cached exchange mode.   Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Connor,     Is there an alternative you're aware of in case this cached exchange mode is defaulted, and cannot be unchecked ? The target mailbox is on o365.

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
Not sure if this solves the issue. If you're sending an attachment, make sure there are no non-readable characters in it. Whenever there's a txt file with gibberish  characters, it errors out with Get Mail, when using Mapiex or Outlook VBO. 
Pranav