cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezed VM when running process

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hi Developers!   My team and I we are experiencing freezings of the processes.   This is happening (we suppose after some Log investigation) when the robot is on navigate stages that uses send keys or mouse clicks. This process is executed with the login agent from a scheduled task in the Scheduler.   If we manually log on the VM, the process retakes the Running so, the freeze is really annoying because finally we have to stop the process and restart the VM.   We want to be logged out from this VM while the processes are running.   We are using Windows Server 2012 R2.   Thank you very much!
8 REPLIES 8

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This sounds like an environment issue - so my recommendation would be for your system architect that designed your infastructure to revisit our reference/virtualisation guides.  Potentially our VDI's are not persistent in some way as they should persist unchanged irrelivant of if someone is connect to them or not.  

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hi Denis,   We are following your recommendation.   Thank you very much Denis for answering!

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hi again,    On the phone with our architect we are not using VDI but VMWare's.     Would be different?   Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
DanielRPA are your VM's using the correct number of vCPU's? (1 vCPU = .5 Physical CPU) If i am reading this correctly your freezing is most likely lack of resources. Either memory or cpu being low can cause the issue. You will also want to check your page file settings to make sure they are at least 1.5 time the size of total memory.

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Thank you Mwrig072. We are going to check that!

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Solved.

MarcelaMesa
Level 3
Hi Daniel, How did you solved this?

DanielB_Frutos
Level 4
Hi from Prosegur's CEAR! We had 2xProduction VM's working hardly and we solved changing the power option in the control panel of the VM's.      1.  Go to power options       2. Set High Performance and click on ""Change plan settings""        3. Set ""Never"" on both options [ a) turn of the display ""Never"" & b) put the computer to sleep ""Never""]      4.      Change advanced power settings on High Performance -> Require a password on wake up ->  NO.   We had multiple errors with this when unsetted. Hope u can solve it the same way!