cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing at wait stage

Manoj_KumarBeva
Level 4
Hi All,

I am working on web application(Internet Explorer). I am searching, selecting a record and navigating to another page here We set a conditional wait with wait time of 60 seconds in a wait stage, BP freezes at this stage for more than 4 hours and the resource is showing as warning. Please find the below screenshots.

I am having nearly 200 records. This worked fine for 195 records and I am running in unattended mode

Warning Message at Resources:
23409.png
Waiting Long time at wait stage

23410.png
Please help me ASAP

------------------------------
Manoj Kumar Bevara
Consultant
Virtusa
Asia/Kolkata
8 REPLIES 8

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Maybe worth seeing if there is any IE modal dialog box that the process isn't expecting?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Manoj,

It will appear if you are waiting long time for a pop up or anything on web page or dialog box. The same used to come for me as well. If the required pop up will appear it should work fine. I never faced any issue due to this.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

hi Jhon,

Thanks for your reply. There is no popup appeared there.

Manoj Kumar Bevara
Consultant
Virtusa
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Sahoo,

We have given only 60 seconds of wait time in the wait stage in-order to find an element on the web page. We are running it using a work queue and 195 records completed successfully. While executing 196th record BOT got freezed for more than 4 hours and there is no popup came. We noticed a warning message in the control room resource. Then we opened the VM, the moment we move the cursor on IE, BOT got activated and started performing.

Strangely, We have only 60 seconds of wait time in the wait stage, But don't really understood why it is waiting for more than 4 hours until we move the cursor on the web page manually and there is no model pop up came.

Note: We have given application wait time in application modeller, which is working only for read/write/navigate stages and not helping for the wait stage.

Manoj Kumar Bevara
Consultant
Virtusa
Asia/Kolkata

Hi, Manoj,

it is not solution but just workaround or test - try to limit number of records to 100 and then close all applications and start the process again. If this works I would not spend your precious time investigating this.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk Kabátek

4th record prior to 196th record due to some technical exception the application has restarted. I think this workaround didn't worked.

Manoj Kumar Bevara
Consultant
Virtusa
Asia/Kolkata

Hi, Manoj,

what I meant was to find the "balance" - let me give you another example - when I automated SAP and was pushing items into SAP too quickly after some time SAP triggered a dialog that Server is not responding. So I sent to SAP 10 items then closed SAP and then restarted and in this way I could process whatever number of items I needed. So I thought that you could run the process with 100 items or less or more and then push the process to stop. As there might be "something" after processing so many records which make BP "hang"/"stop".

Other check - what is the memory consumption of IE?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

HI Manoj,

Is there any issue with activating window. It used to happen with IE a lot of time if you are working on IE for log time without activating window. Even if you will activate window sometimes it will not activate window. So do one thing put activate in each page starting but don't use activate option available in navigate stage.
Use it in below way in the attached image.
23401.png
Also use attach and activate in each action

23402.png
Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo