Did you mean: 

Get Defer Items?

RyanMutya
Level 3
Do we have an action wherein we can get all items that were defer? Thanks! Ryan
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
A deferred item cannot be worked until the defer time has passed. You have not explained exactly what you need to do, but from my experience it is possible to do whatever you need to with defered items with a bit of experimentation with some of the other Work Queue actions such as Get Report Data, Get Item Data, Tags, etc.. For example, in a solution I once built we had to have the ability to mark items no longer to be worked, even if it was deferred (deferred items can be tagged). This was done using an item key look up and and adding a 'Do Not Work' tag. The main process checked for this tag when it got the next item to work.

PhilippNützi
Level 2
Hi there,   I would like to migrate deferred items to a new BluePrism Environment (Adding them to a new Queue). Do you have any ideas, recommendations how I could do that? My first idea was to Export them to an Excel from the Queue and then write back to the new queue. However i do not know, how to Access them. Or should I achieve that by Export / Import from the db directly?   Thanks and best Philipp

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Philipp - you should be able to get the IDs of the items using the Get Report Data action. Then loop through the IDs calling Get Item Data on each one, while building up an 'All Item Data' collection. Write that collection out to a file, and then import into your new environment and add to the new queue. I know it's a fair bit of work, but it will probably be quicker (and definitely safer) than arranging a 'DB to DB' transfer.

Hi @Denis__Dennehy, I have a requirement where i need to fetch the list of Deferred items from the queue. Only if there are no deferred items, Bot needs to proceed to next step. Do we have any inbuilt action which will help us achieve this?

------------------------------
Rakshit NS

Hi

You can get defer items by using get report data
 refer below ss and provide details required , output will collection of item ids , also get item count based on the count you can proceed

28484.png
Regards
Lakshmi Narayana

Lakshmi Narayana

I've posted a BP solution using native actions here on this thread discussing the same scenario.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead