cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP401 when consuming an exposed BP Process thru SOAP

Hello,
I am trying to access an WS exposed BP Process but I run into HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized . I checked this KB article  and everything seems to be in place .

I am using BP v7.1, this same process worked fine in BP6.6.  The environment is similar in both v6 and v7

We have a bot ID >> Bot ID is Part of an Adgroup called BP_WS_Bots >> This AD Group is part of Web Service Users [User Role] in BP. Web Service Users have access to Execute Process and Business Object as web service.

Has anyone else faced this?.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Vinodh Kannan Krishnan Vice President
AVP
State Street Corporation
America/New_York
7 REPLIES 7

Walter.Koller
Level 11

Hi,
Did you use UPN (user@domain.com) in the SOAP request authentication?
And does this user have permissions on the particular processes it is supposed to execute?

Regards

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna

Hi Walter - Yes I used the UPN [User@domain.com] . The user is a part of the Web Service Users User Role in Blue Prism and that user role has access to execute the process

State Street Corporation
America/New_York

Hi,
what might be worth checking is this user has permissions to all sub-processes and VBO that is used by the exposed process.
Or if there are restrictions on the runtime resource that might prevent the execution.

And then there is the possibility this error is not related to Blue Prism but to your network. Wrong/missing proxy configuration may cause 401 error as well. 

Using applications like SoapUI or Postman to invoke the web service can provide more details on where the problem is.

Regards

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna

Thank you Walter. I have been using SOAPUI to get thru but have been stuck with 401 for  BP7.1, it goes fine for BP6.6. Also worked with network team to check this, as we are able to Telnet to the runtime resource port 8181 there seems to be no issues. Will keep digging.

State Street Corporation
America/New_York

BP 7.x allows different types of authentication. named users, AD SSO, authentication server, ...
You could try to configure BP with different authentication types.

We faced some challenges with BP 7.x in our multi-tree/forest Active Directory. This might also be something to look at and to move the user and the BP server in the same AD domain. 

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna

Thank you Walter. Found that this is a product bug with BP v7.1.0: BP-10681

[BPE] BP-10664 (BP-10681) - Active Directory user synchronization fails if UPN alias suffix is different from DNS name : (blueprism.com)

State Street Corporation
America/New_York

Thanks a lot for posting the update!

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna