cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Call BP Process Without Credential

MichaelFu
Level 4
I met an issue that an external application needed to call BP process. I found 2 solutions: one is calling process via command line like AutomateC /run "Excel Test" /resource YourPCHostName /user admin mypwd /startp " " ; the other is calling web services by exposing bp process. but both solutions needs credential, as per the credential will be updated mandatorily per 3 months, there is no way to synchronize the credential with the external application(I tried to use BP credentials key of encryption schemes with AES 256 to decrypt account data in dbo.BPAUser but failed because the algorithm is mixed with AES 256 and others), so i wonder if any other solution to call bp process without credential or sync credential with the external application? Many thanks.  
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Some form of authentication is essential, the system should not be open. Other than /user you could use /sso if the environment is set up to authenticate via Active Directory.

MichaelFu
Level 4
Thank John, I consider the SSO solution, but the external application is not in the same Active Directory.