cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Integrating Acrobat Pro API to convert from PDF to Word

FelixElias
Level 3
Hello everyone, I am currently trying to implement a BO that would open a PDF and would convert it to word using Acrobat API. I am trying to do what they are doing in this guide https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/Guide%20-%20Interfacing%20with%20PDF%20Documents%20v1.0.pdf which is to add a code stage to perform the conversion, but I couldn't find any instructions on how to add the API into blue prism (I guess by adding ddl libraries into the init page of the object?) or any code snippet to make it work. I download the API from here http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat.html and I need some help plugging it in into BP and coding the process. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Felix
4 REPLIES 4

FelixElias
Level 3
I was able to do this. Here are the steps I followed in case anyone else come across the same: 1. As I originally built the VBA code for a macro in Word, I used the same Acrobat library office was using. To find out which one it was, I went to the VB developer environment, clicked on tool/references and then clicked on top of acrobat. The location was C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.tll 2. As the extension of the library was a .tlb, I converted it to .dll using a .net sdk tool called Tlbexp.exe to make it compatible with BP. 3. Once I had the library converted (this part is important) I had to copy it to the installation folder of BP. I tried having the .dll outside, but for some reason BP didn't have permissions to use the library if it was outside its installation folder. 4. After pasting the library in the installation folder, I imported it in External References, and I also imported the namespace Acrobat and Microsoft.VisualBasic 5. After done, the code was really straightforward to port into BP. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Felix

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm doing PDF conversion to Word document. In it I used third part dll of Acrobat DC. But is not working. Is there any other dll to used the PDF conversion to Word ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm doing PDF conversion to Word document. In it I used third part dll of Acrobat DC. But is not working. Is there any other dll to used the PDF conversion to Word ?

AnthonyCamargo2
Level 3
Hi Felix, Thanks for your comment. It really helped me with getting the Acrobat DLL. I was wondering if you could share some code on how to extract text from a pdf? If you don't want to share it that's fine. Can you perhaps then just guide me in the right direction?   Thanks, Anthony