cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i go back to the previous page on Chrome

HuiwenTseng
Level 2
Hi
Our business use case can only work on Chrome using the browser back button. None of the spy modes can pick up Chrome back button. I can't use the Region mode as I can't control the size and location of the back button on users' machines. UIA mode can identify the button but can't highlight/ find it afterwords (very weird). I used Win32 and then used Window press keys with value "{ALT}{LEFT}". It didn't work. 
How can I go back to previous page on Chrome?

------------------------------
Huiwen Tseng
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, Huiwen,

Windows press keys is not very reliable but if you have win32 spied Chrome window use Global Send Key and "%{LEFT}" should work. Percent sign is ALT.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi thank you for the reply. I've got the solution in case anyone will need it:
1. Use UIA spy mode and select the biggest body/ the outside frame of the window (I resized the window to ensure that i selected the whole browser window, not just the tab window)
2. Select Tab item (UIA) on the Element Type
3. In the Business Object, in the Navigate select Global send keys with value "%{LEFT}"

Please note that win32 spy mode doesn't have the element type 'Tab Item'. To use Chrome browser function, i believe 'Tab Item' has to be selected. Another note, win32 spy mode doesn't recognize "%{LEFT}" commend. 

Huiwen Tseng