cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you update the "maxundolevels" for BP v5.0.21?

NicholasRudy
Staff
Staff
We have run into an issue where we need just a little bit more memory to accommodate a collection being pulled into our process, and I would like to see if disabling / limiting the undo functionality would resolve our issue; however, when I attempt to input the line 0 (shown in article "https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-diagnose-and-avoid-out-memory-issues") in ANY level within the Automate.exe.config file, the database connection that use to function, is lost, and returns when I replace the modified file with the backup of the original. Has anyone else had this issue, or been able to successfully modify this option in Blue Prism? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I don't think it would help Nicholas. The Undo only applies during development - when the process runs in Prod there won't be any undo/redo in memory. If the data is so large that it's eating all the memory, then I'd look at redesigning the process to take the data in chunks. Otherwise you're leaving yourself open to the risk of the getting out-of-memory again.

John, I appreciate what you are saying, but I would like to be able to try it before admitting defeat.

NicholasRudy
Staff
Staff
My mistake.... I was looking in Program Files folder instead of ProgramData folder. 😮

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It's not a question of 'defeat'. The PC you are using has a finite capability (RAM, CPU, disk etc) and if you run a process that pushes too far the machine may not be able to cope and the process will fail.