cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Run Internet explorer as a different user through Blue Prism?

VsevolodBalter
Level 2
Hi Team, Sorry for asking potentially quite basic question, but just started with Blue Prism and trying to get my head around how it works. I need to run Internet explorer as different user and initial idea was to create a shortcut with command line (see below) and connect shortcut through Application Wizard. That's a command line I used: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:username "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" ... but it did not work. Can you please advise what is the best way to do that? Much appreciate your help.
2 REPLIES 2

malligac
Level 3
Hi Seva, You can try the below command(just inserting domain name along with command) C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:domain\username ""C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"". Thanks Malliga

Hi Malliga, Sorry, I just removed real username I had, but it was in the proper format with the domain. C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:au\baltevs ""C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"". The problem is that when you try to select a shortcut as an object, blueprism cuts it to C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe and nothing happens when trying to launch it. So it does not work with a shortcut to my understanding.