cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draft an email in Outlook ? Do no send.

LuweiZhang
Level 3
Hi Experts,

Is it possible to create an email and save as draft with attachments in outlook using BluePrism?
Please point me to any available thread if there is any as I already searched for it and could not find any relevant one. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Luwei
2 REPLIES 2

GeraldJ
Level 5
Hi Luwei,

Yes it's possible to save the email as draft with attachment and its quite easy to. If you have done Outlook Mail Automation before then just send the mail with  "To" as null value obviously the mail will save as draft.

If you haven't done mail automation before Then try using MS Outlook VBO - Do the configuration, get the outlook service link, create a flow for sending mail with attachement, Finally pass empty value on "To" and run the code.

Thanks,

------------------------------
Gerald J
Automation Engineer
10xds
Kerala/Kochi
+91-9159842805

Hi Gerald,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
As you said, when I sent the mail with "To" as null value, the mail was saved as draft.

But, sometimes my clients request that email be saved as draft with "To", especially the email need to be sent to many people at a time.
Fortunately, I found when I deleted the code "mail.Send" (see the Image below) from MS Outlook VBO- Send Email, the mail was saved as draft with "To".
And it also works on
the "Replay All to Email" and "Reply to Email" by deleting "reply.Send" and adding "reply.Save" to the code.
14112.pngThanks & Regards,
Luwei

Luwei Zhang
Consultant
IBM
Asia/Tokyo