cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable auto windows login?

maneesh.vemula1
Level 5

Hi All - How to enable automatic windows login on runtime resources via login agent so that they are always available. Currently, I enabled 'AutoAdminLogon' via registery editor and provided hard-coded values but I don't believe this is a good practice. Is there a way to use login agent to automatically login to a windows machine on start up? Can this be done via windows task scheduler? How can i set it up? 

Also, I might have to retrieve windows credentials from Cyberark down the line. Is it possible to edit login agent to automatically retrieve cyber ark credentials and enable windows auto-login? If so, can anyone share the steps.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Maneesh
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Dear Maneesh,

As per the BP infrastructure, only way to login automatically by using the login agent.  I have question for you. For example in case your machine has been restarted due to some windows patch has been applied by your system administrator. 

Even if the machine is restarted still the login agent service is up and running in your VM server. Regarding your process if you have scheduler, whenever it's triggering the login process the VM machine will be logged in automatically.

Here I'm trying to understand what is the exact challenge are you facing it.

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Maneesh,

You need  to configure login agent and install o on the virtual machine you are planning to login through login process.

Make sure the login agent  version and  there is a documentation how to configure login agent.

For cyberark you can use API to  get credentials as long you organization allow to get credentials  through API  its definitely  possible to fo that

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish - Thanks for the response. I have configured login agent on the virtual machine and I am able to use the login process to login to the VM. My question was with regards to logging into the VM without using the Login process. Ex: If I restart a run time resource, I want it to be able to login automatically without being able to run any login process from BP. 

Maneesh

Maneesh Vemula

Dear Maneesh,

As per the BP infrastructure, only way to login automatically by using the login agent.  I have question for you. For example in case your machine has been restarted due to some windows patch has been applied by your system administrator. 

Even if the machine is restarted still the login agent service is up and running in your VM server. Regarding your process if you have scheduler, whenever it's triggering the login process the VM machine will be logged in automatically.

Here I'm trying to understand what is the exact challenge are you facing it.

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi Devendran - Thanks for the response. I am now able to use login agent to auto-login. It was a lack of understanding from my end of the login functionality. All good now. 

Thank You

Maneesh Vemula