cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a notification when the bot has been on one item to long

MelissaArmstron
Level 2
Hi, We had a bot freeze for 6 hours. Has anyone run across this? Also, is there way to send a notification to support letting them know that a bot has been stuck on one item for over an hour or throw an exception? When it freezes for 6 hours it does not move to another stage it just gets stuck. Kind Regards, Melissa
10 REPLIES 10

Neel1
MVP
Hi- i am also searching for solution. if found i will share with you Exploring DB tables to get any info

MartinSipos
Level 2
Hi   On the main page in any process or object, in the ""Process Information"" box, tab ""Information"", there is a setting that enables you to terminate a session if it is unable to log an entry into the session log as well as set how many times should a session try to log an entry into the session log.   We have not tested this feature in our team, so I cannot confirm if this works as the description goes. If you ever try it and are successful, can you please let me / us know here?   Thanks.

HakanEngman
Level 6
Also intressted in a solution to this. But the function described in Process_information.png - From what I understand, that stop the process from continuing if logging is not working. Basically if we cannot log what the robot is doing, then it's better to stop than to continue change on a business object w.o. trace. But what about ""Warning threshold"" and Number of minutes thing ? ( It's there in V6.2.1 atleast) Did anyone test it? Succeded. Thank you,  Håkan

DaveMorris
Level 14
Warning threshold only changes the status of the session to Warning after the process flow has remained on that stage for more than the indicated amount of time. I think the appropriate place for a notification to be configured would be in the Process alerts, but I don't see a specific option for when a session turns to Warning. Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

TomCirone
Level 6
We have a process that checks the Blue Prism database session table and sends an e-mail any time a process terminates or ""hangs"" (we defined hanging as nothing being logged to the session log after a default period of time (5 min for example). 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think investigating the root cause would be worthwhile - what is this 'freeze'? At what point does it occur? What is the process trying to do at that time? Could it be stuck in an infinite loop? What is happening in the target application at the time? Is the effect repeatable? Is it on a particular machine or any machine? At the same point in the process or at any point? In the same process or in any process? At the same time of day or at any time?

JeromeDescreux
Level 3
Hi,    Similar issue here, happening inconsistently, which shows the configuration is not at fault here. In my example it is a few steps within an object (Windows Save As window), it manages to attach then doesn't go to write path which is right after a wait. When it happens nothing is logged, it is not in an infinite loop, it does not time out or anything. It stayed this way 30 minutes. Closing the window  manually 'unfreezes' the process and the next attempt is usually successful.   Since it stays on the same stage and nothing is logged it is very difficult to investigate what is going on here...

NoahSommerfeld
Level 3
We had some issues of freezing (and BP crashing!) like this using certain UIA attributes (V6). Switching back to AA identifiers fixed it.  The other thing we did was switch the application model to 'external' and give a timeout value for an exception to be thrown if it freezes for X minutes. Then at least it wouldn't freeze for 6 hours...

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
All - please raise tickets with Support if you feel that this is some kind of bug. From what Jerome, nsommerfeld and others are saying, it sounds like it is worthy of investigation and this forum isn't the best way to do that.