cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify element with short cut key Alt?

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

I want to identify the Windows Alt+Tab switcher, but when I click Alt key, the Spy Mode is changed at the same time, so I cannot identify it.
What is a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo
4 REPLIES 4

CarlCarter
Staff
Staff
Hi,

Why would you need to interact with this feature?

If you have the various applications open and Blue Prism attached, then you would just use a 'Navigate Stage - Activate Application' action to activate the window.

If you just need to read if an application is open, then use the 'Utility - Environment' VBO action 'Wait for Process'.

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Going to region mode and pressing alt+tab will give you task switcher in W32 mode, or you can press ctrl+alt+tab toppin the task switcher but you won't be able to spy anything.

Would like to know what you're trying to achieve.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

PeterLacken
Level 7
Hi Tetsjui,

If I can make the assumption you are trying to interact with an application under the Windows button then I might suggest you create a shortcut to the application on the desktop (right click on the Ocon) and then right click the desktop shortcut and check the properties. When you know the file location of the application you can reference it directly in a business object.

Hi all,

The reason why I want to do is that I have an IE screen  and a Firefox screen  at the same time and need to work on them switchingly.
So, I need to do "Activate Application" switchingly too, but somehow it doesn't work as expected.

Eventually, the workaround is I spied "explorer.exe" (Task Icons) and press them switchingly.

Thanks.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo