cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a process on a computer, if its screen is locked

Tetiana_shkavro
Level 4
Hello! I have a trouble with starting a process on the computer, if its screen is locked. Process doesn't run. Is it possible to start a process on a computer, if its screen is locked? If yes, please tell me, how can I do this? Thank you in advance! P.S. English is not my native language 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
Hi Shkavro, Have you tried to take a look into Login Agent? There are predefined ""methods"": ""Is Locked"", ""Unlock Screen"" so you can check whether the screen is locked and unlock it when needed. Regards, Tomek A.

Tetiana_shkavro
Level 4
No, I haven't, but I will try. Thank you!

Tetiana_shkavro
Level 4
TomekA, sorry, do I understand right, that process can be executed, only if screen is unlocked? It is not safe...

The process does exactly what the user would do. So yes, the computer should be unlocked. This is why virtual infrastructure is recommended. If you are going to use physical PCs then you need to assure they are physically secured from any unauthorized access.

Tetiana_shkavro
Level 4
TomekaA, thank you so much! I have a few quastions about tasks. Can I contact you via email? If yes, this is mail adress tetianashkavro@gmail.com. Thank you in advance!

I prefer contact via forum.

Tetiana_shkavro
Level 4
Ok? thank you :) I will add a new post.

Tetiana_shkavro
Level 4
Ok:) thank you :) I will add a new post.