cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uniquely indentify/spy web element?

Dylan
Level 4
Hi there,

I hope that you're having a good day 🙂

I'm having an issue uniquely spying/identifying a unique web element; it's a text box and I'm trying everything, and it will work in the object studio but then it will throw the error that more than 1 element matches the search terms.

What do I do?

Thank you.

------------------------------
Dylan
4 REPLIES 4

james.man
Staff
Staff
Hello,

If it's a web element, the "Path" attribute is typically unique on the page.  Alternatively, you can try matching on the "Match Index".  You may need to tweak the match index number (1, 2, 3 etc) before you find the right one.

James Man
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

The match index works, and then it stops working? I'm actually quite confused.

What do I do if the 'Path' attribute isn't in the attribute list? 

Thank you.

Dylan

Odd that the path attribute isn't listed. Is there any kind of animation done on the textbox? I have an integration where the original textbox gets overlaid by a another with a red background showing an error in validation. Took a couple of send tab key attemtps, but got it to work.

Brian Clayton
Lead Developer - C#/Blue Prism RPA
The Auto Club Group
America/Detroit

Hi, 
Probably if you are missing Path attribute, you are spying the element not in HTML mode.

Try to spy the element with HTML mode, and you should be able to get the path to that element.

Kind regards, 
Dmitrij

Dmitrij Mamajev
RPA Developer
Volvo Cars
Gothenburg
Kind regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]