cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Region -- Cannot find region identified as an image

TyAllred
Level 3
Hi there,

I am currently working through the Beginners Surface Automation guide. On "Exercise 1.1.2 Search Padding", the guide instructs the user to use the Application Modeller to create a region of an image with the text "OK". The instructions then direct you to use a slightly different image with the same text, "OK". The guide says that due to the search padding created when the region is set, the Highlight of the region should still work, however, it does not for me.

Even after I direct BP to search anywhere on the image for the "OK" box, I always receive the same error,"Error - Highlighting results - Cannot find region identified as an image".

Has anyone else experienced this issue with Application Modeller? Care to help troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Ty Allred

------------------------------
Ty Allred
22 REPLIES 22

Hi Nilesh,

My region setting is same as instructed on guide for Exercise 1.1.2 search padding, instead of getting ok button highlighted it's throwing error - "Highlighting results - Cannot find region identified as an image". I have tried maximizing the padding in the region setting. But, got no luck still getting same error.
Application modular spying only one image at a time.

Thanks and Regards

Ayushi Pithode

Hi Ayushi Pithode,

Have you tried adjust Colour Tolerance in Region Location from 0 to 60 or more, it works for me.

Thanks & Regards,
Surachai B.
Thanks & Regards, Surachai B.

Hello all,

I do think that Color Tolerance is a great tip, but just a word of caution.

Color tolerance is your friend when testing (specifically the error faced above), but always err on the side of caution when playing with this setting. The tolerance of an RGB value above a certain threshold can cause false matches (i.e. a button that is sometimes greyed out would be successfully matched even though it is not enabled). Sometimes it can be useful to use additional tools to help identify font color and background color to help make better decisions as to how much % of tolerance an element should be given. The Blue Prism document above recommends between 0-10 to start.

Regards,

Nick

Nick LeGuerrier
Senior RPA Developer