cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs and Outputs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I would like to know what is the business purpose to use inputs and outputs. Can I ask for some business examples? I would like to know the connection of this functinality with real life processes. Thank you in advance. BR P.K.
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Inputs and Outputs parameters are a common part of most modern programming languages and workflows as a way of passing information to and from different functions/classes/components. The mandatory Foundataion Training course gives a good theoretical overview of what input & output parameters are, also if you google 'input and output parameters' you will no doubt get a wealth of information outside of Blue Prism that describes the concept. Parameters are probably one of the hardest concepts to understand for Blue Prism users that come from a business rather than development/technical background. The easiest way to think of it is that input parameters are how the Process layer talks to objects and output parameters are how objects talk back to the Process layer. Let's say I ask you to type the correct data into a screen - you do not know what data to type into the screen unless I tell you.. So I tell you what to type into the screen. In that example our Blue Prism Object is called 'Enter Data into Screen' and the Input parameters are the details I want you to type into that screen. The screen might have a confirmation number after clicking OK that you might want to give back to me - that would be your 'output parameter' If you have not completed the Foundation Training course it is mandatory to using the product. It includes exercises where you use input and output parameters. As a new user you should also have an experienced mentor available to you to discuss concepts with.