cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact with Flash application embedded in browser

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Hi all, I am working on a project where I need to interact with a Flash application embedded in browser. I am trying to read a table inside the app but I am not able to to spy the table using AA/HTML/Win32 modes. The last resort i can see is using OCR by Region mode. Can someone suggest some other method for doing the same? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi, Sometimes you can send CTRL-A to select all the page (with some flash applications, it will select the internal data as well), then copy the data to clipboard. You can then apply a regex or multiple calculations to extract the data out and re-build the table as a collection. - Tom

ShreyansNahar
Level 5
Apart from taking data from the application, if we want to interact with it as in selecting and ticking some boxes, etc., how can we do it?

McenroeDavid_M1
Level 2
I hope BP 6.2.1 Latest version supports Flash application embedded in browser using enhanced UIA Mode. UIA mode was only introduced within Blue Prism v6.2 so it will not be available within v6.0 or v6.1. It is used in the same way as other spying modes (e.g. Win32, Active Accessibility, HTML modes) and can be access when identifying an element by selecting 'Alt' to cycle through the different modes.