cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interaction with Excel file is slow

TomasRehak
Level 3
Hi all,
I have this one robot working with Excel report which used to work fine last year but since new year the robot is slow AF when interacting with the report. I am talking like one minute to activate worksheet, one minute to set cell value and so on. Again, last year this robot worked fine and the file size was as big as it is today. There was no update in BP, nor in Excel.

I am working with Blue Prism v6.6 and Excel Professional Plus 2016 (file size around 18 Mb). The "slowness' applies to all actions from MS Excel VBO. My RAM is used for 40% and PCU for around 30%.

Any idea what's wrong?

------------------------------
Tomas Rehak
RPA Developer
VUB Slovensko
Europe/Bratislava
2 REPLIES 2

There may be multiple reasons.

• You can try to enable logging memory usage on the run time resource and track the memory usage at each step, will give you some idea
11621.png

• You can also delete unsaved workbooks (like below). A weekly reboot will also help(if you are not doing it).
11622.png

You can also check the runtime resource to see if there are other applications that are taking up memory.

Vinodh Kannan Krishnan
AVP
State Street Corporation
America/New_York

Thanks for response.
1. There are no other applications running that would take up significant portion of memory
2. There are no unsaved workbooks
3. Although I didn't logged memory usage, I can say from looking at Task Manager that my memory is never above 50%, so I don't see problem here

Tomas Rehak
RPA Developer
VUB Slovensko
Europe/Bratislava