cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Command to read current page, current subpage, current parent page, etc.

JarodYang
Staff
Staff
It would be convenient to have some internal commands to retrieve the current page name, especially when there is an exception thrown by the sub-page to the parent process, it can be captured and rethrow with details containing the name of the sub-page.

For instance in the example below, when re-throwing the exception, it would be great to reference the name of the sub-page where the exception was originated in the exception detail to make the exception easier to read. Otherwise, we will need to use blocks and separate exceptions to achieve the level of details required.

28521.png
Current work-around:
28522.png

------------------------------
Jarod Yang
Senior Consultant
BluePrism
Asia/Hong_Kong
1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
Agree.

I think this suggestion should be expanded though. I think it needs to be possible to retrieve the current Process name, Process ID, Page name, Page ID, list of stage names and IDs, etc. through a native function when used on a page or in a process or whatever. I know we can query the DB for the XML of a process, but it is a bit convoluted to have to do that when Blue Prism could just do the hard work for us. 😃

A use case for this is when I post a message to an outside data repository, I currently have no way without quering the BP database first to send the name of the Process with the message unless I have a data item containing the name of the Process already in the process to reference in the message. This makes roll-up views of data difficult and we have to use implied associations for those roll-ups.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA