cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way, to retire and unretire Scheduler in bulk.

DeepakSingh2
Level 2
Hi Team,

I have prepared multiple (#40) schedules and need to retire on daily bases because we have process downtime for 2-3 hours. I have multiple questions:
  1. Can we setup our scheduler, if we want to retire it for couple of hours.
  2. How can we retire and unretire multiple scheduler in one go (i.e. select all and retire/unretire)
  3. How can we setup priority on different processes. So that if my BOT is working on Process "A" with low priority and fresh inventory introduce for Process "B" that has high priority. It should automatically start working on high priority process which is "B" here. 
Please help!

Thanks,
Deepak
1 REPLY 1

JamesMarsh
Staff
Staff

Hi Deepak,

Question 1 and 2 - The only way I believe you can retire a schedule within the Blue Prism product is to manually do it using the Interactive Client and there is no option for retiring for a period of time or for multiple retires or unretires in one go. There are options within the Blue Prism command line (automatec.exe) to delete, start and report on schedules but not to create or retire so I am not sure if that is of help (for automatec.exe documentation click here). 

Question 3 - There is no way to set a priority at a process level only at a case level within a work queue. However, in theory there are techniques and ideas on how you could achieve this type or process level priority orchestration but they are more complex and would require possibly designing processes in a specific way. I would highly recommend opening conversations with your Blue Prism account manager in order to get time with Professional Services to delve into this topic in more detail. It would be better for us to understand the entire problem you face in detail and then to work with you on a solution. This is much more work than can be simply answered in this community post.

There are also 3rd party applications that integrate with Blue Prism and can assist with the problems you face e.g. https://www.rpasupervisor.com/ 

Regards,

James Marsh

Professional Services